University Records Collection
- Collection overview
- Types of records held
- Accessing UOW publications
- Accessing other historical UOW records
- Need help?
- See also UOW History, Facts & Figures guide
The Archives holds a range of records documenting the corporate, academic and social history of the University of Wollongong.
This includes records from it's predecessor institutions, the Wollongong University College (1962-74) and the University Division of the Wollongong Technical College (1951-61).
It also includes records from the Wollongong Institute of Education (1973-82), which amalgamated with the University in 1982, and it's predecessor, the Wollongong Teachers' College (1962-72).
Types of records held
The collection comprises both published and unpublished UOW produced and/or related material. Major series held include:
- Annual reports
- Newsletters (e.g. Campus News)
- Graduation booklets
- Academic research journals (e.g. Illawarra Unity)
- Promotional material (e.g. leaflets, posters)
- Media releases
- Press/newspaper clippings
- Student association publications (e.g. Tertangala)
- Committee minutes (e.g. University Council and Academic Senate meetings papers)
- Selected administrative records from individual Units and Schools/Departments
For details of other record series held contact the Archivist.
Accessing publications and digitised material
Digitised University historical material can also be browsed via the Digital Collections portal.
Accessing Other Historical UOW Records
Contents lists are available for most records series. These can be accessed in the Archives Reading Room in consultation with the Archivist. You will need to contact the Archivist to arrange an appointment beforehand.
Access restrictions may apply to some series.
Check the search tips in the UOW History, Facts & Figures research guide.
For other advice contact the Archivist.